If you like salads, you’ve come to the right place! I have a beautiful salad recipe for you that you’re going to lovee! It’s simple, it’s crunchy, it’s flavorful, and it’s for my fellow fruit lovers. In fact, if you’re still buying pre-made balsamic dressing from the store, you won’t want to once you learn the easiest made from scratch balsamic vinaigrette recipe. It is so versatile and delicious and it’s all made with clean and healthy ingredients.
Recently, I asked my instagram friends on @cookingwithrips about what you do with your spring greens. Do you wash it? Do you just trust what it says on the bag, that it’s washed and not wash it because it gets too soggy? I received a variety of answers, but most of you said you do wash it. I can understand why you wouldn’t want to wash it because they really can get soggy. So no judgement from here either way!
Here’s what I like to do with my spring greens. I wash them with filtered water, then spread them out on a paper towel and let them air dry for a bit (about 15 minutes) before making my salads. When I prepare it this way, it does not get soggy. Now, if it sits for a few hours after adding the dressing, it will, but this salad is so good, we hardly have any leftovers!
This salad recipe is also vegan friendly and fits with many diet restrictions. So enjoy making and eating it guilt free, and let me know your thoughts when you do!
|Prep Time: 8 minutes|
|Serves: 2||Total Time: 10 minutes|
5 oz. organic herb salad mix (I used the herb mix from trader joes
3/4 cup of sliced grapes (use your favorite type of grapes)
1/4 toasted sliced almonds
1 3/4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Wash (or don’t wash) your spring greens. *See my method above if washing.
2. In a medium pan, toast sliced almonds on medium heat and mix until golden brown. (About 3-4 minutes) *Feel free to skip this step if you don’t want almonds toasted.
3. In a separate small bowl, add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and stir.
4. Slice grapes in half and place them into a large salad bowl along with your spring greens, and toasted almonds.
5. Drizzle the dressing just before serving. Toss lightly and enjoy!
If you end up liking and purchasing any of the products through my links. I may receive some compensation.
Sharing all of my favorites with you is a joy, and you would be helping me keep the site alive and going.