Lately I have been craving cold and delicious drinks. Something that is not as sweet as juice, that is healthy and not caffeinated. So I played around with some measurements and concocted the most delicious ice tea! I know how healthy hibiscus tea is, but sometimes it can be a little too tart for me, so I added one of my all time flavors to it and magic happened!
I am utterly and wholeheartedly obsessed with rose flavors and scents and it truly is the perfect combination with this tea! I made it so many times these couple of weeks (by that I mean almost every day) got the measurements down to a tee! It is subtle, but it is there, and it has such little sugar, you don’t have to feel guilty for indulging. Give it a try if you are craving a nice, refreshingly light drink. Put it in a wine cup and garnish it with fruit and anything else you desire for a beautiful get together with family or friends. Feel free to double or triple the recipe. If you like non caffeinated drinks, it is guaranteed to be a hit! Enjoy this simple, yet sophisticated ice tea!
** FUN FACT** Did you know hibiscus is pronounced hai·bi·skuhs and not hib-iskiss ?
|Prep Time: 7 minutes|
|Serves: 4 cups||Total Time: 10 Minutes|
2 cups boiling filtered water
2 cups cold filtered water
4 tsp sugar
3 hibiscus tea bags (works really well with this one)
1 tbsp rose water (I use this one)
1. Bring 2 cups of filtered water to a boil.
2. Place the three teabags into a large glass measuring cup like this one and pour the boiling water on top.
3. Add the sugar and stir and let it steep for 5-7 minutes.
4. Take the teabags out (be very careful as it will still be HOT) and pour liquid into a juice jar.
I use this one.
5. Pour the 2 cups of cold water and the rose water into the jar.
6. Serve over ice, or place in the refrigerator for it to get colder. Enjoy!
If you end up liking and purchasing any of the products through my links. I may receive some compensation.
Sharing all of my favorites with you is a joy, and you would be helping me keep the site alive and going.