Summer is quickly approaching and in California, it’s pretty much already here with all the beautiful sunrises and sunsets. This is the season where I crave ALL the salads. all the time! Quick, easy, delicious, and light with a lot of texture and flavor! This salad is packed with healthy ingredients, and makes you feel great afterwards, especially on a hot day! Not to mention, it is ready to enjoy in 10 minutes! If you have been wanting to eat more healthy, and add more vegetables to your diet and felt like you don’t have time, worry no more! If you have 10 minutes in your day and like vegetables, this is it my friend, this is YOUR salad!
If you don’t eat eggs, you can substitute with any other protein of your choice, and if you don’t eat cheese, feel free to use vegan cheese or omit that part. My favorite part of this recipe is the dressing. I will be using the Green Goddess dressing from Trader Joe’s. One thing you will learn about me is that I almost NEVER buy dressing! There is a good reason for that. I loveee dressing, BUT about 95% of pre-made dressing at the grocery store is filled with toxic omega 6 oils. Cutting out most of these oils was a HARD decision, but it was a personal one. I am happy to say that the Green Goddess dressing from Trader Joe’s is one of the the cleanest ones I can find that also tastes good! (Yay no bad oils in there) You are more than welcome to use your favorite dressing for this salad (No judgement , I promise) Enjoy this delicious salad and please let me know if you make it.
|Prep Time: 2 minutes||Cook Time: 8 minutes|
|Serves: 2||Total Time: 10 minutes|
About 2 qt. tap water (or enough to cover your eggs in a saucepan)
1 head of small romaine lettuce (thoroughly rinsed)
1 small tomato
2 tbsp red onions (diced)
2 tbsp feta cheese
2-4 tbsp green goddess dressing (from Trader Joe’s or your favorite dressing)
1. Bring a small saucepan with water to a boil.
2. Add eggs and let it boil at medium-high heat for 6 minutes. Remove from heat, rinse with cold water and set aside.
3. Thoroughly wash romaine lettuce and chop into about 2 inch size strips.
4. Evenly distribute romaine lettuce onto 2 serving plates.
5. Slice avocado in half and distribute evenly onto your 2 plates.
6. Add finely chopped red onions evenly to each plate.
7. Chop tomato into 2 inch size chunks and evenly distribute onto both plates.
8. Add crumbled feta, then slice your eggs and add one to each plate.
9. Sprinkle salt and pepper on eggs, then add dressing and enjoy!
If you end up liking and purchasing any of the products through my links. I may receive some compensation.
Sharing all of my favorites with you is a joy, and you would be helping me keep the site alive and going.