I heard lots of mixed feelings from people about kale. Some love it, some hate it. If you love kale you are going to go head over heels with this easy kale chips recipe! When cooked correctly, it turns into this beautiful, delicious, flavorful explosion in your taste buds. If you have a “I don’t believe a word you’re saying” look right now, I don’t blame you, but don’t knock it till you try it!
I say “cooked correctly” because you want to make sure you follow instructions, otherwise it won’t be that much fun to eat. The trick is to roast them in batches so the kale isn’t too close to one another. If you do not do this, the chips won’t be chips, they will be soggy. Another tip is to try your very best to make sure the kale is as dry as possible after washing. You can use a paper towel for this step.
These kale chips taste sooo good I had to try very hard not to scarf all of it down. It disappeared pretty quickly, and both my husband and I really enjoyed it! I hope you do too!
|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cook time: 15 minutes|
|Serves: 2||Total time: 20 minutes|
1 bunch kale (the traditional curly kale)
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (I used this one)
1/2 tsp sea salt (this is one of the best!)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2.Wash and dry your kale thoroughly. You can spread them apart on a paper towel, and use more paper towels on top to dry the kale. (You can also do this step in advance and let the kale air dry for a couple of hours)
3. Rip apart the stems and discard, then roughly chop the kale.
4. Add olive oil and sea salt. Lightly toss the salad using your hands or a salad serves.(I used these)
5. Separate kale evenly into 2 batches.
6. Place half of the kale onto 1 baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and the other half onto a second baking sheet. (If you have just one large baking sheet, you can make them one batch at a time)
7. Roast for 15 minutes and enjoy!