Raise your hand if you love chocolate chip cookies?!? I have a mild obsession with cookies, and being someone who isn’t crazy about ultra-processed foods, I opt to make my own. I have lost count how many different chocolate chip cookies I’ve made, but always found something was either missing or needed more fine tuning. When you try my version of the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe, you will never want to make anything else! This is my all time favorite classic chocolate chip cookie I like to bake.
I also have to say, I truly don’t understand why most chocolate chip cookie recipes have sooo much sugar in it! I can’t say I don’t use sugar in my baking, but I am (and always try to be) mindful of how much I am using, and learned that you really don’t need a pound of sugar to make something taste good. This recipe is for all of you who love dessert, but are afraid to eat it because of the amount of sugar. No more guilt! When you eat this cookie, you will definitely be wanting more than just one, but you won’t feel like you just jumped into a sugar pool.
I know everyone has a different preference when it comes to cookies. Crunchy, goey, soft, textured, nuts, no nuts. This version falls somewhere in between. Trust me when I say you havee to try it! Lastly, good quality ingredients are key to making good food, and so I try to use as many organic ingredients as possible. It really makes the biggest difference. Now put your favorite music on, and lets to go the kitchen and bake some cookies!
|Prep time: 15 minutes||Bake Time: 13-15 minutes|
|Serves: approximately 19-20 medium size cookies||Total time: 30 minutes|
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour I used (bobs redmill flour)
1/4 tsp salt (my favorite)
1 tsp baking soda
2 sticks (1 cup) softened butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp grape molasses *make sure it’s grape (I use Sadaf grape molasses)
1 tsp sea salt reserved for sprinkling on top of cookie dough (This is my favorite kind)
3/4 cups dark chocolate chips (I use this one)
Preheat oven to 350F
1. Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy (about 2minutes)
3. Add vanilla extract, molasses,
and egg, and beat for another minute.
4. Add your dry ingredients in 3 parts (about 1 cup at a time).
*At this point I like to use a spatula
to gently stir in the flour. by hand.
Once you add all of your dry ingredients and gently stirred with a spatula, turn on your mixer for about 20 seconds to lightly combine everything together.
5. Your dough should look similar to the picture. Use a medium sized cookie or ice cream scooper to scoop up medium sized balls with your hands. (I use this scooper)
6. Place onto a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
7. Using two finger tips. gently push on each cookie to flatten it a little bit.
8. Sprinkle tiny amounts of sea salt onto each cookie and bake for about 13-15 minutes or until the edges are a light golden brown.
* Feel free to check using a toothpick, it should come out clean (or a tiny crumb or two) on the toothpick.
If you end up liking and purchasing any of the products through my links. I may receive some compensation.
Sharing all of my favorites with you is a joy, and you would be helping me keep the site alive and going.
3 thoughts on “Chocolate Chip Cookies”
They look yummy. 🙂
Thank you! They are so good, they hardly ever last more than a day at my house. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person