(In under 10 minutes)
(Vegan and Vegetarian)
There are days where all I want to eat is meat and carbs, and there are days where I can’t stand the thought of eating either one, and just want something light and green! If you are having one of those same type of cravings, this will be your go-to 10 minute quick and easy salad! It is light, fresh, and the perfect spring salad. You can even throw in your favorite protein, and it would make a great dinner!
You know that spring mix that is sitting in your refrigerator, the one that is about the go bad and you are very close to throwing it out (sometimes before even opening it?) We are going to give that spring mix some love with this recipe. Fresh mint is an important ingredient in this salad. It makes it taste very refreshing and gives a nice zing! I really think you will love this simple, feel good, healthy, light salad. Enjoy!
|Prep Time: 5 minutes||Total Time: 10 minutes|
16 oz. bag spring mix
1 roma tomato
5-6 red (or colorful radishes)
1/2 yellow bell pepper
10 pieces of fresh mint leaves
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (this is what I used)
1/2 tsp paprika (my favorite)
|1/4 tsp salt (my favorite)|
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tsp lemon zest
-protein of choice such as chicken, boiled egg, or tofu
-1 tbsp crumbled feta or favorite vegan cheese
1. Wash all your vegetables and set aside.
2. Thoroughly wash your greens and place onto a plate lined with a paper towel to dry.
3. Place 2 medium sized bowls and distribute your greens evenly onto the bowls.
4. Chop tomato into 1 inch sized chunks and slice the avocado. Roughly chop the mint leaves and slice the radishes and bell pepper into thin strips.
5. Distribute an even amount of your chopped vegetables and mint between the two bowls.
6. In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
7. Drizzle an even amount of dressing onto each bowl just before serving and enjoy!
If you end up liking and purchasing any of the products through my links. I may receive some compensation.
Sharing all of my favorites with you is a joy, and you would be helping me keep the site alive and going.
2 thoughts on “Healthy Light Spring Salad”
Oh wow this looks scrumptious! And it has fresh mint? So refreshing😍
Thank you! I love making it in the spring or summer! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person