Eggs, eggs, eggs! They are one of my favorite breakfast and lunch options to eat. I love experimenting with eggs and different flavors. They are so versatile, you can add an endless variety of spices, and greens and the result is fantastic!
My favorite type of eggs are pasture raised. The secret to good eggs is in the yolk, the more yellow the yolk is, the better. We are blessed to have that option in our grocery store so pasture raised is what we choose. I also love using good quality extra virgin olive oil. It makes such a difference on the final taste when all the flavors comes together. My favorite type of olive oil to use for this salad is Lucini.
Arugula is also a great combination with eggs if you like that peppery after taste arugula presents. Besides being extremely delicious and nutritious, this is a quick and easy go to lunch option with very few ingredients. I hope you try it and please let me know if you do!
|Prep time: 5 Minutes||Cook time: 7 Minutes|
|Serves: 1||Total time: 12 Minutes|
2 pasture raised eggs (or any eggs)
2 cups arugula
1 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Add water, and eggs in a small pot and bring it to a boil.
2. As soon as water begins to boil, wait 6-7 minutes and turn it off and drain.
3. Once eggs are cooled, peel the shell, slice it in half and set aside.
4. Place washed arugula in a medium serving bowl.
5. Add lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, and lightly toss in the bowl.
6. Add the sliced eggs and pepitas and enjoy!
If you end up liking and purchasing any of the products through my links. I may receive some compensation.
Sharing all of my favorites with you is a joy, and you would be helping me keep the site alive and going.